Cookies and local storage are part of the technology necessary for a website operation and both are not inherently harmful,
but it is important that you know the implications that they have for your privacy.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the user's device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) when it is visited almost any web page.
Among others, Cookies allow a web page to store and retrieve technical information, personal preferences, content customization, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc.
The user's browser memorizes the cookies on the hard drive (or its equivalent), occupying a minimum memory space and not harming the computer (or device).
Cookies do not contain any kind of specific personal information and most of them are deleted at the end of the browser session (session cookies).
Once a website creates a cookie, the user's device store the following information:
- The address / domain of the web that created the cookie.
- The duration of the cookie, which can be from a few minutes to several years.
- The content of the cookie.
Most web browsers accept cookies as a standard and, regardless of them, they allow or prevent temporary or memorized cookies in the security settings.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
- Essential technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that form an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make a request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content to broadcasting videos or sound or sharing content through social networks. When disabling them, it is possible that some section of the web does not work correctly.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the locale from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that, processed by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out statistical measurement and analysis of the use made by users of the service. For this, we can analyze the navigation in order to improve the offer of products or services.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that, processed by us or by third parties, allow us to manage the offer of advertising spaces on the website in the most efficient posible way , adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the requested service or to the use that make from our website. To do this, we can analyze Internet browsing habits to show advertising related to each browsing profile.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users, obtained through the continuous observation of browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
- Cookies for social sharing: These are those that allow the user to be identified in their social networks and thus allow him to share content.
WHAT IS LOCAL STORAGE?
Local storage means any file created by the web on your browsing device. Cookies are a form of local storage, but there are others, as example:
- The browser's local storage: Some websites use local storages called "sessionStorage" and "localStorage" to store information; "sessionStorage" is automatically deleted when the browser program is closed; instead to delete the "localStorage" the user must delete the browsing history.
- Flash local storage (Flash Local Shared Objects): Flash is a browser add-on that allows you to incorporate interactive and multimedia elements on a web. Flash also allows the visited website to store files on the user's device.
- Silverlight local storage (Isolated Objects): Silverlight is a browser add-on that allows you to incorporate interactive and multimedia elements on a web. Silverlight also allows the visited website to store files on the user's device.
- The web beacon: It is a tracking technique that consists of inserting an image hosted on an Internet server on the web or in an email so that, when the browser or email program connects to said server to download and view the image, the access is logged. Sometimes these images are very small or transparent so that the user is not aware of their existence.
WHAT ARE OWN COOKIES?
Own cookies are those used by the website itself, and which do not come from third parties (services of other providers included in it).
Among them are session cookies, used to remember the website navigation options chosen by the user. Also to ensure that users who write in the forum, opinions, etc. are human and not automated applications. In this way spam is fought.
WHAT ARE THIRD PARTY COOKIES?
Many websites incorporate functions or features provided by third parties, such as::
- Analytics of access and use of the pages.
- Interactive maps.
- Videos and other multimedia elements.
- Social buttons.
Some more common third-party cookies are:
Cookies de Google Inc.:
Google Inc. is a company domiciled in the United States and headquartered at 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, which stores cookies on servers located in the United States and undertakes not to share them with third parties, except in cases where those that are necessary for the operation of the system or when the law requires it.
Google Inc. is a company adhering to the Safe Harbor Agreement, which guarantees that all transferred data will be treated with a level of protection in accordance with European regulations. In the following links you can find more information about:
COOKIES ADMINISTRATION (ACTIVATION AND DEACTIVATION)
Below are links to the help pages of the most common browsers to find out the cookie settings in each of them:
The user can also deactivate or delete the cookies of a specific service;example:
In addition, the user can activate the incognito or private mode in their browser, to delete cookies and browsing history once the browsing session ends. There is information to access this mode in the browser help.
ACCEPTANCE OF COOKIES FROM THIS WEBSITE
This site uses its own and third-party cookies to provide its services and to analyze its traffic. Your IP address and user-agent may be shared with Google, along with performance and security metrics, to guarantee service quality, generate usage statistics, and detect and fix abuses.
Specifically, this website works with the following cookies, necessary for its proper navigation and display:
- Own cookies:
- productos: used to save the user's preference when choosing one of the product lines that ENTECO offers.
- Third party cookies:
- Those used by Google Analytics for website traffic analysis.
- Those used by Google Maps to show our facilities on location map.
- Local browser storage (sessionStorage y localStorage).
Browsing this website with cookies and local storage mechanisms activated necessarily implies acceptance of them in accordance with this policy.
If you do not agree, you can configure your browser to prevent its use.
By using this website, the user expressly accepts the treatment of the information collected in the manner and for the purposes mentioned above.
Although this option to block cookies in your browser may not allow full use of all the functionalities of the website.
UPDATES AND CHANGES IN THE COOKIES POLICY
This website may modify the Cookies Policy based on legislative and regulatory requirements, or in order to adapt said policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, therefore users are advised to visit it periodically.
Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies. It is in these tools that the user can and should exercise the right to eliminate or deactivate them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by browsers.
In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget the decision not to accept them.